Money Habitudes is a card-sort exercise that reveals a person’s financial behaviors. The deck of 54 cards engage consumers/clients in a fun, hands-on, sorting activity that acts as a conversation-starter, making it easier for people to talk about habits and attitudes that influence their spending, saving and financial giving decisions.
Money Habitudes cards are used by personal finance educators and counselors, non-profit organizations, financial planners and advisors, academic institutions, faith-based organizations, military, therapists, relationship counselors, social workers, coaches, and corporate wellness and human resources professionals.
Money Habitudes may be used in one-on-one engagement, with couples, families, and small or large groups. For best results when using the card deck, each participant should have their own deck of cards to best understand their own individual money personality profile.
The adult card deck is designed for adults managing their own money but is written at a fifth-grade reading level making it accessible to all people at all reading levels.
Used by individuals, couples and groups, the award-winning cards can be used in a variety of ways:
- A financial ice-breaker or money conversation starter; typically 5-15 minutes
- A stand-alone activity of 30-90 minutes. Each person completes a simple sorting process that takes 10-15 minutes and then interprets the cards. The card sort quickly provides a powerful understanding of one's money personality type. The green instruction card provides a guide for interpreting the results. One module within a multi-module curriculum or presentation series. This may be used at marriage retreats, financial planning, financial education classes, life skills, relationship programs, youth camps and career training.
What people like about Money Habitudes cards:
- Easy to learn, easy to teach, and easy to understand.
- An interactive alternative to lectures, workbooks and presentations. Spur important conversations about the interaction between lifestyle, values and finances that make subsequent skills lessons more relevant.
- Complement other financial and relationship education programs.
Each deck is a complete toolkit and includes:
- 54 statement cards: Each of the six Habitudes has nine corresponding cards. Each is coded on the back with a colorful picture to identify the money personality type (Habitude) with which it is associated.3 blue sorting cards: Side 1 has Thinking Points/Discussion Ideas and Side 2 are the sorting cards for playing Money Habitudes solitaire.
- 1 instructional card: Instructions for the most popular, Money Habitudes Solitaire, and other options to use the cards.
- 8 interpretation cards: These provide valuable clues about subconscious thoughts, feelings and patterns influencing financial behaviors. Two cards provide an overview. Each of the six Habitudes has its own interpretation card which includes the message, a description of how others may see a person with that Habitude, advantages and disadvantages. On the back of each card are suggestions for next steps if that Habitude is being overused. (Guidebooks are also available to provide more information and options.)
** For best results, use one deck of cards per person so everyone has their money personality assessment results.
- FREE SHIPPING in the U.S.