Money Habitudes II is a card-sort exercise that reveals a person’s financial behaviors. The deck of 54 cards engage consumers/clients in a fun, hands-on, sorting activity that acts as a conversation-starter, making it easier for people to talk about habits and attitudes that influence their spending, saving and financial giving decisions.
Money Habitudes II, is designed for young adults beginning to manage their money. Statements within the card deck are designed to better relate to the age group (18-25). These cards help young adults develop a healthier relationship with money. Money Habitudes II is often used in college and military programs as well as workforce development, peer mentoring programs, and with young people in the foster care system or now on their own.
Used by individuals, couples and groups, the award-winning cards can be used in a variety of ways:
- A financial ice-breaker or money conversation starter; typically 5-15 minutes
- A stand-alone activity of 30-90 minutes. Each person completes a simple sorting process that takes 10-15 minutes and then interprets the cards. The card sort quickly provides a powerful understanding of one's money personality type. The green instruction card provides a guide for interpreting the results. One module within a multi-module curriculum or presentation series. This may be used in financial education classes, life skills, relationship programs, youth camps and career training.
What people like about Money Habitudes cards:
- Easy to learn, easy to teach, and easy to understand.
- An interactive alternative to lectures, workbooks and presentations. Spur important conversations about the interaction between lifestyle, values and finances that make subsequent skills lessons more relevant.
- Complement other financial and relationship education programs.
Each deck is a complete toolkit and includes:
- 54 statement cards: Each of the six Habitudes has nine corresponding cards. Each is coded on the back with a colorful picture to identify the money personality type (Habitude) with which it is associated. 3 blue sorting cards: Side 1 has Thinking Points/Discussion Ideas and Side 2 are the sorting cards for playing Money Habitudes solitaire.
- 1 instructional card: Instructions for the most popular, Money Habitudes Solitaire, and other options to use the cards.
- 8 interpretation cards: These provide valuable clues about subconscious thoughts, feelings and patterns influencing financial behaviors. Two cards provide an overview. Each of the six Habitudes has its own interpretation card which includes the message, a description of how others may see a person with that Habitude, advantages and disadvantages. On the back of each card are suggestions for next steps if that Habitude is being overused. (Guidebooks are also available to provide more information and options.)
** For best results, use one deck of cards per person so everyone has their money personality assessment results.
Used by hundreds of thousands of people around the world, Money Habitudes is endorsed by the Institute of Consumer Financial Education, included in the national Jump$tart Clearinghouse and have been featured by the Washington Post. The Dibble Institute collaborated to develop lesson plans using these cards for working with at-risk youth.
- FREE SHIPPING in the U.S.
- Young Adults (18-25)