Revised and Updated! Same successful format! New look! Easier to read. Normed to a 5th-grade reading level. Revised working and statements based on research at Utah State University and feedback from the field.
Money Habitudes cards are a great conversation starter and a fun but effective money personality test. A hands-on tool that feels like a game, the activity makes it easy for people to talk about money and finances. People quickly come to understand how their habits, attitudes and values affect their financial decisions. The engaging cards are used and trusted by many professionals, including financial educators, financial planners, therapists and psychologists, career coaches and marriage educators, among others.
This version is designed for adults 25 and older.
Used by individuals, couples and groups, the award-winning cards can be used in a variety of ways:
- An ice-breaker; typically 5-15 minutes
- A standalone activity of 30-90 minutes. Each person completes a simple sorting process that takes 10-15 minutes and then interprets the cards. The card sort quickly provides a powerful understanding of one’s money personality type.
- A module within a larger class or series such as marriage retreats, financial planning, communication skills, budgeting and financial education, life skills, and career training.
What people like about Money Habitudes cards:
- Easy to learn, easy to teach, and easy to understand.
- An interactive alternative to lectures, workbooks and PowerPoint.
- Spur important conversations about the interaction between lifestyle, values and finances that make subsequent skills lessons more relevant.
- Complement other financial and relationship programs.
Each deck is a complete toolkit and includes:
- 3 blue sorting cards: Side 1 has Thinking Points/Discussion Ideas and Side 2 are the sorting cards for playing Money Habitudes solitaire.
- 3 green instructional cards: Instructions for the most popular Money Habitudes Solitaire plus other options to use the cards.
- 8 yellow interpretation cards: These provide valuable clues about subconscious thoughts, feelings and patterns influencing financial behaviors. Two general cards provide an overview. Each of the six Habitudes has its own interpretation card which includes the message, a description of how others may see a person with that Habitude, advantages and disadvantages. On the back of each card are suggestions for next steps if that Habitude is being overused. (Guidebooks are also available to provide more information and options.)
- 54 white statement cards: Each of the six Habitudes has nine corresponding cards. Each is coded on the back with a colorful picture to identify the Habitude with which it is associated.
For best results, use one deck of cards per person so everyone has his or her own personal sorting/assessment results. Therefore, use two decks for a couple or 10 decks for a group of 10 people.
Designed to last, the durable laminated cards can be used over and over.