Our sample pack is perfect for financial practitioners looking for a comprehensive view of Money Habitudes’ products.
This sample pack includes:
- Bringing Money into the Conversation
- Guide for Professionals
- My Money Workbook
- 5 Money Habitudes card decks (1x Adult, 1x Teen, 1x Young Adult, 1x Spanish deck)
Bringing Money into the Conversation:
Talking about a relationship with money can provide amazing insights for you, your partner or your clients. Regardless of your professional title, if you are working with your partner, counseling people or facilitating groups as they focus on lifecycle events or issues related to career, relationships or personal challenges, this is the guide you want. Plus, if you are looking to differentiate yourself, bringing money into the conversation might be the ticket!
The goal of the book is simple: To provide tools and tips to make it easy and comfortable to bring money into the conversation with your clients. Here’s a sample of what is included:
- Twenty Conversation Starters (reproducible handouts provided)
- Tips for bringing money into the conversation for different populations by ten experts in their field including the working with the wealthy, the working poor, trauma survivors, at-risk youth and unreasonable risk-takers.
- How to simplify working with numbers
- Who to refer to if financial advise is needed.
Guide for Professionals:
Make it easy for your clients and students talk about money and discover their hidden habits and attitudes influencing all of their money behaviors. The Guide for Professionals Working with Money-Related Issues will help financial practitioners, counselors, educators, therapists and coaches use Money Habitudes cards to work with their clients regarding money-related issues. The guide provides background training for how we develop our habits and attitudes, and directions for using the cards and the online version with individuals, couples and groups. Financial practitioners can use Money Habitudes to quickly get to the real issues affecting money management from basic budgeting to major investing. Counselors and coaches can use the cards to discuss money—an issue both clients and professionals often avoid even though it touches every aspect of our lives and is consistently ranked as a top stressor.
While each deck of cards includes instruction and interpretation cards and the online version is intuitive and provides a full report, the guide dramatically expands on how to use the cards and what different results mean -- along with suggestions of how to work with clients on specific issues. Simply doing the Money Habitudes card sort activity one's self is an excellent way to prepare to use the cards with others, however, the guide is especially recommended for those who will be seen as a facilitator or expert information source as well as those leading train-the-trainer classes. The guide also helps people get more value from doing Money Habitudes by providing suggested activities and supplemental instructional materials.
The guidebook includes:
- Detailed information on how to use the Money Habitudes, additional activities and specific suggestions for working with couples and groups.
- Six major influences that determine how money habits and attitudes develop. Can be used for background information or as a presentation.
- SMART Goals: Directions to move from general goals to goals that are specific and achievable.
- Activities to supplement your program or use as handouts.
- Tables for further exploration of typical financial behaviors (earning, spending, saving, investing, giving and debt) and typical life challenges (general life, business or personal relationships, job and career.) They are excellent handouts.
- Key questions and additional discussion topics are provided to facilitate more in-depth conversations and suggestions for future action.
My Money Workbook:
Loaded with great activities for individuals to use with the Money Habitudes cards for adults and young adults. Includes:
- Discover where you're coming from (Pregame activities or postgame reflections)
- Discover where you are now (Play Money Habitudes Solitaire and interpret your results)
- Where do you go from here? (Set SMART goals and develop a successful action plan)
- Includes key questions, discussion topics and tables applying Money Habitudes to typical financial and life behaviors.
- Individuals to work independently to get a comprehensive understanding of their relationship with money.
- Group programs for participants to record their results and interpretations (which is particularly helpful if participants do not get to take their cards home.)