Money Habitudes 2® is a quick financial program introducing vulnerable youth to the non-technical, human side of money – a critical element of successful money management. The three active lessons explore how hidden attitudes affect the ways people – especially those with few financial resources – actually behave around money.
Topics in the Instructor’s Manual include:
- Why money management is important in our lives.
- Different approaches to handling money: spontaneous, practical, carefree, security, generous, and more.
- The symbolism of money: as a sign of power, status, love, safety, independence, loyalty and more.
- The influence of family, media, culture, and life events.
- The advantages and challenges of different approaches to money.
- The interplay between money and relationships.
A key goal is helping young people identify their personal financial patterns – and why these matter. The award-winning Money Habitudes® card game, integrated into the lessons, makes the process fun and engaging.
Money Habitudes 2® is written specifically for at-risk or low resource youth in community programs, including pregnancy prevention, teen parenting, and workforce development. The scenarios are realistic, reflecting the students’ limited resources and lack of financial know-how.
Small and large Classroom Packs available here: https://shop.moneyhabitudes.com/money-habitudes-2-for-at-risk-instructors-kit-youth-sets/