THIS ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK. A new guide will be available before the end of the year.
If you would like to download a pdf of the guide, we will email you a link. Or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Help your clients and students discover their hidden habits and attitudes about money. The Guide for Professionals Working with Money-Related Issues will help financial practitioners, counselors, educators, therapists and coaches use Money Habitudes cards to work with their clients regarding money-related issues. The guide provides directions for using the cards with individuals, couples and groups. Financial practitioners can use the cards to quickly get to the real issues affecting money management from basic budgeting to major investing. Counselors and coaches can use the cards to discuss money-an issue both clients and professionals often avoid.
While each deck of cards includes instruction and interpretation cards, the guide dramatically expands on how to use the cards and what different results mean -- along with suggestions of how to work with clients on specific issues. Simply doing the Money Habitudes card sorting activity one's self is an excellent way to prepare to use the cards with others, however, the guide is especially recommended for those who will be seen as a facilitator or expert information source as well as those leading train-the-trainer classes. The guide also helps people get more value from their cards by providing suggested activities and supplemental instructional materials.
The guidebook includes:
- Detailed information on how to use the Money Habitudes cards, additional activities and specific suggestions for working with couples and groups.
- Six major influences that determine how money habits and attitudes develop. Can be used for background information or as a presentation.
- SMART Goals: Directions to move from general goals to goals that are specific and achievable.
- Activities to supplement your program or use as handouts.
- Tables for further exploration of typical financial behaviors (earning, spending, saving, investing, giving and debt) and typical life challenges (general life, business or personal relationships, job and career.) They are excellent handouts.
- A "Just for Financial Practitioners" section.
- A "Just for Counselors and Coaches" section.
- Just for Working with Couples including Respectful Conflict: Suggestions which can be used as a handout when working with couples to keep conversations productive.
- Key questions and additional discussion topics are provided to facilitate more in-depth conversations and suggestions for future action.
The Guide for Professionals is used with Money Habitudes cards and can also supplement the Money Habitudes training DVD. Because all versions of the Money Habitudes cards are used in the same manner, the guide can be used with the Teen and Young Adult (Money Habitudes II) versions and will provide value for users of other versions, but it is written for the adult version of the cards. The adult cards have slightly different icons and Habitude names versus the versions for younger audiences. The guide is not available in Spanish but is totally applicable to the Spanish-language version of the Money Habitudes cards, which are translated from the English adult version. Separate guides and curricula resources are available for the younger versions of the cards.